Today we will consider how to update the graphics card driver.
The video card drivers tell the operating system (in this case Windows 7) how to manage the video card. Sometimes, video card drivers need to be updated, for example, when you need to run a game that requires the latest version of the drivers.
It is important to install the correct video card drivers to ensure the correct operation of the computer. In this article, you will learn how to update the video card drivers.
1. Click Start> Control Panel.
In the upper right corner of the screen you will find the “View” menu. Open it and select the “Large Icons” option.
2. Click Device Manager.
In the Device Manager, expand the “Video adapters” section.
3. Right-click on the video card and select Update Drivers.
4. Select “Automatic search”.
If Windows detects a driver, restart the computer.
5. To update the drivers manually, record the model of the video card that appears in the “Video adapters” section of the Device Manager.
6. Go to the site of the manufacturer of the video card.
Sites of major graphics card manufacturers are listed at the end of the article.
7. Open the Drivers, Support, or Download page.
8. Enter the model of the video card.
9. Download the drivers.
10. Run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.
11. Restart the computer.
Choose the right video card drivers; otherwise, the computer may restart when the computer restarts.