Why the system unit does not start on the computer.
If the screen of your monitor turns on when you turn on the system, but there are no error messages on it (if the light on the monitor is green or bluish), you must perform the following actions:
1. You need to check all external connections, connections.
The indicators on the system unit and on the monitor are lit. Does adjusting monitor settings (brightness, contrast) work? Check the electrical connection to the monitor and the system unit, and also check the signal cable from the display to the system.
2. It is necessary to check all internal connections and connections.
3. Try rebuilding or reconfiguring the configuration in Bios Setup.
If the computer still does not start in normal mode then:
- Turn off the monitor, the system unit and all connected external devices.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables.
- Remove the side cover of your system unit.
- Well check:
- the correct installation of the processor;
- correct connection of internal connections;
- the correct installation of RAM modules;
- the correct installation of additional adapters: video adapter, network cards, modems, tuner;
- It is necessary to check the operation of the fans of the system unit, see if there are obstacles for the passage of airflow;
- Check the network cable connection.
- Put on the side cover of the chassis.
- Reconnect all signal and power cables.
- Turn on the monitor, and then start the system unit itself.
If the operation of your personal computer is not restored, you must turn off the power supply.
Follow steps 1-3. You need to pull out all the adapters and cards, except the graphics adapter (video card) and the hard drive, from the motherboard.
Try to turn on the system unit. If your computer starts up in normal mode, then to identify the faulty adapter, you need to alternately insert them into the motherboard.
Do not forget at the same time about the sequence of actions: shutting down the computer, disconnecting the power cables and signal cables, turning on the computer.